In Atlanta, we firmly believe Exterior Basement Waterproofing is the best method to solve your water issues.
In some cases Exterior Basement Waterproofing is not an option – such as
- Too expensive
- Too many obstacles (such as front porches, landscaping, etc)
In the event of the above
Then an interior basement system may be your last resort. Why do we say this? Our feeling is that stopping the water at the source and never letting it in your living space is the best solution. We understand that sometimes you cannot waterproof from the exterior – and in this case – and only this case – we would opt for an interior drain system.
Crawl Space Waterproofing is one of these situations. Waterproofing a crawl space from the outside can not only be an expensive task but a very frustrating one as well. Unlike a basement, a crawl space can have many access points a normal basement does not.
If you have a need for an crawl space waterproofing system we can refer you to a sister company of ours who installs a premium interior system.
The two companies we refer for crawl space and interior drain systems are:
- AKME Selants and Waterproofing – Steve Terjung – 404-232-5680
- Crawlspaces.com – Jim Briley – 770-745-9337
For basements, we install a next to footing system. Most compainies in Atlanta install a drain system on top of the footing. This drain has multiple issues we don’t like including:
- Smaller Drain due to being installed on top of the footing.
- The drain sits higher – so you let more water pressure build up before getting rid of it.
- The concrete poured on top of these drains are 2″ thick.
NOTE: This system is not the cheapest system and if you are looking for the least expensive option for an interior system then try one of the big shops in town. This is a custom system that take more time, more materials and gives an overall better solution.